Its just a matter of time!!!





Good morning and happy 2nd day of this new year....January 1st roared in to El Dorado Kansas, the winds whipped at 30 mph and a cold blast moved in leaving us with single digits and snow...not deep intense snow but enough to cover the ground and make things slick and dangerous on the roadways...I am so thankful that I do not have to get out in the elements for work. You might look at the title of this blog and say...HUH? What is just a matter of time?? You know I never know what the subject of my blog will be until I sit down and begin writing...whatever phrase comes to mind is the phrase I use as my title....after the title is in place I then ask God...like you, when you read the title, "What does this title mean?" I then pray for God to allow me to feel what he has need for me to say and I begin writing....so here we are..
"It's just a matter of time!!!"

As all of my readers know, Wayde and I have struggled since the day we became a couple...our finances have been a very sore subject but with love and blessings we have always had "enough" I know that "our making it" has been only by the hands of God and I know that He will never leave nor forsake us...I sometimes ask him why so many who seemingly have no faith at all are like King Midas, turning leaves on trees into gold? I know it is not right to question but I just don't get it. We live very meagerly and only wish to pay our bills and have enough for food left over....sometimes the food budget is very skimpy but we figure out a way and we make it...
I sat and pondered my questioning regarding others and all of a sudden, like in the V~8 commercials I felt like I had been smacked right square in the forehead.
Is that not one of the big 10 Dawn???? Is that one of the things God says we are not supposed to do? Covet??? It is not so much that I want the things that others have...oh who am I kidding, YES I do, I want a vehicle that will be more dependable than my little old 250,000 mile van...I want a speedometer so I don't have to guess my MPH on the roadways... Forgive me God for this...I am very thankful for the van, so very thankful that it takes Wayde to and from work and gets here and there in town! YES, I do....I want a house that does not have crooked floors in every room, that does not have a toilet that leans to the left...I want an oven that has a thermostat that registers the correct heat when in use...Father forgive me for this, I do have a  roof over my head and an over that will cook food, so many do not even have these things...There are so many things I would like to have but they are not things that will determine if I live or die! I know in time something a little better will come along as long as I hold fast to my faith and I quit being such a coveter!!!
Boy as I am writing this I am beginning to realize what God is saying to ME, why this title came to my mind this morning, HE is giving ME a lesson today, a lesson that I really need...I will no longer pine for things I do not have, I will trust that when we are in need that HE will make a way for us and I will be happy that I have a van, that I have a roof, that I have a meal and that I can communicate via media with mine and Wayde's family who live far away. I will praise HIM for taking care of us and I will not sit and wonder why others have more than I...I will work hard to ensure we have enough to make our bills and I will continue to love with all of my heart....See I told you I never know what direction my blog will go but at the end it is visible as to why I write what I write....Do you find yourself caught up in the WHY's? I did not even realize I was so caught up until I began to write...THIS being realized my resolution for 2014 will be to appreciate more the things we are blessed with, strengthen my relationships with others, love with all of my heart, pray with great fervor, and to give as much as I can... I will thank God more for blessing me with the things I have and I will go to bed at night and sleep in peace that HE has given the me day that is closing and when I wake up I will praise him for the new day. I am letting go of the "I wish I had's" and am going to concentrate on the "things I do have's" Is there any room for change in your life, I pray you are not like me and that you are content with what you have been blessed with, if you are not...will you join me in making that a change in your life. The "thank you's" instead of the "I want's" I don't think it is a bad thing to aspire to do better for yourself, I don't think it is bad to strive for nicer things, I think where I fall short is I begin to forget that God has given me "enough" I have to begin to appreciate what I do have!!!

I pray that your day is going well, that you do not think me a spoiled non appreciative brat and that you are taking time to reflect on your life...THE beauty in all of this is, no matter where I fall short when I look deep inside and label the issues I have, God shows me better ways, he forgives me for my short comings and he pulls me in even closer so that I can begin to make the changes he needs for me to make...I give you my love, each and every one of you and I lift you in prayer that what ever you might be going through today you will feel God's loving arms wrapped around you and you will know that in all things HE is with you...

May you be blessed with "enough" this day!

YOU are loved!!!!


No comments: