"Things aren't always what they seem."






Good morning my friends, I have been up for a long time, just sitting here thinking of how things are today...I sat in the quiet of the morning, all bundled up in my "betty" blankie on the front porch...the birds in a close cedar tree were filled with so much joy this morning, they flitted about the branches and sang as if there was not a care in the world, the sunrise was not an intense one, mere streaks of color here and there and the sun is hiding beyond the haze that has taken the skies. I sat and looked at the mountains majestically standing there wishing I could be on the other side of them on my way to Kansas to see my babies. This week has been one of deep reflection as my Aunt has gone to see her son for what will most probably be the last time, he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and has decided not to try to prolong with treatment, I chatted via message to my cousin, Walt's sister and the sadness was so thick I could feel it through written word. I chatted with a friend who is having difficulty with her teenage son, she is feeling overwhelmed and lost with his actions, I talked to several people who have just been diagnosed with cancer and could feel the fear in their hearts, I spoke with ones who have lost loved ones and cried with them over the pain in their hearts, so many who have dedicated a lifetime loving someone only to have their hearts shredded by infidelity and abuse...there is much sadness in this old world!!! I thought also of the little joys we have, I get to see my grandson over video chat a few times per week, it is delayed and freezes many times but still I get to see his little movements, his sweet smiles, his growth process...I was only blessed to have one child and life has taken her to the other side of that mountain but I sit and thank God daily for it, even though there are days that all I do is cry in missing her, I know this is exactly where God needs her to be, she found her one true love, and became blessed with the greatest gift of all~~ a child~~ to be there for Derek's nephews and even though she does not know it to be there for Derek's sister. I sit and worry about our finances but then have to slap myself back into reality that God is right here with me, he is going through the anguish with me and he even says to lay it at his feet and he will take care of it for me. There are people I see that are homeless, living in shelters, wondering if they will even get to eat today...I need to stop the worrying and get on with living! My mantra today....nothing will take my joy...nothing will take my joy....nothing will take my joy....for today I am in my little box apartment, I have food to cook, we are warm, we are dry from the elements, my animals are safe, they have food, I am getting medical attention that I have been so badly in need of, my husband has a job, he has good health, he loves me and treats me with great affection and respect...SO I WILL NOT WHINE TODAY!!!! In many's eyes I have it all!!! I have GOD on my side, I love him and he loves me and I know in the last and final moments he will as an eagle in flight swoop down and rescue me from doom!

I know that Father God has good things planned for Wayde and I and I know that in HIS time we will understand the hardship that we face, we will be thankful for our times of need. I came across this little writing and thought it very fitting for my message today!

two traveling angels
-- Author Unknown

Two traveling angels stopped to spend the night in the home of a wealthy family.

The family was rude and refused to let the angels stay in the mansion's guest room.

Instead the angels were given a small space in the cold basement.

As they made their bed on the hard floor, the older angel saw a hole in the wall and repaired it.

When the younger angel asked why, the older angel replied, "Things aren't always what they seem."

The next night the pair came to rest at the house of a very poor, but very hospitable farmer and his wife.

After sharing what little food they had the couple let the angels sleep in their bed where they could have a good night's rest.

When the sun came up the next morning the angels found the farmer and his wife in tears. Their only cow, whose milk had been their sole income, lay dead in the field.

The younger angel was infuriated and asked the older angel how could you have let this happen? The first man had everything, yet you helped him, she accused. The second family had little but was willing to share everything, and you let the cow die.

"Things aren't always what they seem," the older angel replied.

"When we stayed in the basement of the mansion, I noticed there was gold stored in that hole in the wall. Since the owner was so obsessed with greed and unwilling to share his good fortune, I sealed the wall so he wouldn't find it. Then last night as we slept in the farmers bed, the angel of death came for his wife. I gave him the cow instead. Things aren't always what they seem."

Sometimes that is exactly what happens when things don't turn out the way they should. If you have faith, you just need to trust that every outcome is always to your advantage. You just might not know it until some time later.

No comments: