My Greatest Asset.....







Good morning and happy Monday, I know it is hard for some to get in the groove after a long holiday weekend and I pray that the groove is not so bad and that your day is off to a wonderful start...It is much colder here this morning than it has been, frost is everywhere but the sun is coming out and the skies are turning from a mucky gray to a wonderful blue, no clouds and we actually are supposed to be in the high 40's today. 

In my quiet chat time with God this morning I asked special blessings for each of you, I asked him to make provision for you and yours, to see your needs and make a way for them to be met. I prayed for all who are struggling and suffering, for all who are dealing with finances, with relationships, with addictions, with anything that is in the negative side of live...I asked God to make a way for you today to turn all into a positive so that you can see clearly the lighthouse on the shore and know that you will get to it safely through the storm you are fighting. In the name of Jesus Christ I asked for blessings, mercy, favor and never ending love. Amen.
In thought this morning I sat and reflected on the people in my life that have helped me to become who I am, I sat and smiled, I laughed, and I even cried. The one thing I came to realize is that each of them has made such an impact on me and my final decision whether it be from acts of kindness to acts of meanness....
"I’m Better Because of You"

MY GREATEST ASSET

Many people who walk this earth evaluate their self worth based upon how many material things they can ascertain. It is a game where whoever has the most stuff before they die wins. If my house is bigger than your house then, I win. If my car is better than your car, I win. If I have a higher paying job than you do, I win. Luckily, I don’t play by those rules because if I did…

 I lose. 

Many people confuse the value of their net-worth with their self-worth. Well there is a difference, a huge difference. If I valued myself based upon the material things I have then I would be on suicide watch. Luckily, I am rich with experiences, abundant with wisdom, and have an overflow of humility. That alone gives me the strength to stand through some of the storms life throws at me. But, what gives me the power to propel forward against the devastating winds of a hurricane?

MY TRUE STRENGTH

My greatest asset, other than my faith in God, is my family rather immediate or extended. So I am thankful for them in all of their glorious imperfections. I love my husband and his brutal honesty that keeps me humble. I love my daughter whose personality is so similar to my own that we clash like water and oil at times. I love my siblings who even far away keep me on my toes and make me realize that even different from each of them we can still in our own way love one another.

Family and friends are what I am thankful for. No matter where I am in life there is someone there to understand and accept me. No matter what trials I am going through there is someone who has faced similar and is willing to enlighten me as to how to overcome. I am so very blessed because of this. 

YOUR CHALLENGE

I dare each and every one of you to take some time and share with the people you love why you are thankful they are a part of your life. I promise that the joy it will bring them will change your life.

Who are you thankful for?


No comments: