Let us all look through our limitations and see what God can do through us!!!



Good morning and happy Saturday, I finally did it, I SLEPT IN, well I did not go to bed until around 5 this morning...so it is a blessing to say I SLEPT IN, most normally no matter what time I have gone to bed I am up by 8:30...not today...I slept until noon!! Wow, so this is how it feels:)

In prayer as I sat outside for a while after waking, I gave thanks for allowing me another day to praise and worship Him, to share Him with others and to try and be the example He needs for me to be. I thanked Him for my friends, for my family and for the beautiful way in which he touches my heart with the love I feel for him. I continued to pray for my friend Star who has overcome so much the last two weeks and who continues to battle daily...she is such an inspiration to me. I asked God this morning to bless each of you with love, peace of heart, calm of mind and comfort in your body. I ask blessings and healing favor for each of you in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

I love this story, I have read it before and got the same feelings this time as I did the first time...Do you have limitations that are keeping you from doing what you want to do???

Looking Beyond Limitations

There was an article in the May 5, 2000 edition of The Denver Post, written by Linda Usrey Long from the Portales News-Tribune. It is a true story about a man named Lyle Bert, age 64. Mr. Bert has an associates's, bachelor's, AND a master's degree, and hosts "The Lyle Bert Show," in Portales, New Mexico. 

There is a lot more information than what is being shared here, but the main gist of the article is about how Mr. Bert was in an accident in 1965, while handling a homemade rocket that exploded. He says:

"I lost both hands, the eyesight in both eyes . . . My jaw was broken . . . My face and lips were burned. I had 124 penetration wounds in my chest and abdomen. I almost lost my right leg . . . Pieces of device went through my leg and through my abdomen. They amputated my hands . . . and I lost two-thirds of my stomach." 

While speaking to the Conference on the Handicapped a few years ago (in Santa Fe, New Mexico), Lyle Bert shared something very worthy of repeating: 

"A person who has no legs can still achieve great heights; 

A person who has no hands can still grasp an idea; 

A person who has no sight can still have great vision; 

And a person who can't move can still lead."

Bible verse:
"But he said to me,
'My grace is sufficient for you,
for my power is made perfect in weakness.'
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses,
so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
For the sake of Christ, then,
I am content with weaknesses, insults,
hardships, persecutions, and calamities.
For when I am weak,
then I am strong."

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 (ESV)
May each of us look beyond our "limitations" and see what God can do through us!

No comments: