If you could write a letter to a younger you...what would you tell yourself?




Good evening, I pray your day has been a wonderful one and that the choices you made worked out good for you and yours. 

In prayer this evening I bowed my head humbly and asked that God hold each and every one of you in his loving arms, that he provide you with peace in your heart, calm in your minds and comfort in your bodies. I asked God to bless each of you with knowledge that you are never alone, that you are loved beyond measure and that you have his promises as long as you hold fast to your faith in him..Father I thank you for all that you afford me each day and for the fortitude to cling to you in all situations. In the name of Jesus Christ I ask for mercy and healing favor for all. Amen

Oh if only I could go back and write a letter for a young me to read...

Advice to a Younger Me

All of us at some point in our lives have wished that we could write a letter to our younger selves. We have wished we could pass on the wisdom we have learned and help them to avoid some of the pain and struggles that we have gone through. I think that my own advice to the younger me would be quite simple. This is what I would say. 

Wake up earlier more often and take the time to watch the sun rising over the hills. Bend down to smell the flowers in the Spring. Swim more in the Summer. Play in the Fall leaves. Make snow angels every Winter. Turn the TV off in the afternoon and go play with your dogs instead. Don’t rush through those Sunday family dinners. Savor every bite of food and joy in them. Tell your Mom and Grandma you love them everyday and hug them every chance you can. . Don’t complain about chopping wood with your Dad. Enjoy every moment you have with him. And don’t argue so much with your brothers. Life is too short to spend being miserable. 

Stop being so shy. Other people are just like you inside. Smile more. Laugh a lot. Sing often. They are joy creators. Share a kind word every chance you get. Give your inner goodness to everyone. Don’t worry about the future. Instead enjoy this day God has given you. Make the time to play with your young children. One day you will blink and they will be as big as you are. Quit wishing you were rich in money. Yet. rejoice at being rich in heart. Realize that happiness is simple. It is we who are complicated. Know in your heart that God loves you just as you are. Know in your heart that you can love too. Then go out and share your love with the world. When you do you will have the joy you have always longed for. 

How I wish I could give this advice to the younger me, but I can’t. He probably wouldn’t have listened anyway. Still, it isn’t too late to follow this advice today and that is all that matters.

No comments: