If your happy and you know it, clap your hands....

  

 Hello and happy Friday, looks like we will have another beautiful day here in Utah, blue skies as far as the eye can see, a slight breeze and starting out at 67 degrees this morning, the sun soon will top the mountain and I am up and out early enough this morning to hear the bugle playing the morning call on the base just across the interstate! Life is good, I am happy and I pray that you are too!
      This morning as I sat in prayer, my head leaned back, only hearing the faint sounds of the interstate and the birds singing their morning praises, I began to pray for the happiness of others, I prayed that God would take each of your problems upon his shoulders today and allow each of you to feel "happiness" I read so many writings from people each day that do not include "happiness" I see the droll look on faces everywhere I go and wonder, why there is no "happiness" I talk to people on the phone each day and I don't hear "happiness" WHAT IS HAPPINESS? The dictionary defines happiness as: the state of well-being and contentment. That is it!!! If it is that easy....then why is there not more of it around me? I ask you today, what makes you happy, where in your life is happiness and what brings it out in you? When I begin to pray and I ask for special mercies for you I never know until that very moment what the prayer will consist of, when it comes flowing from me, I know this is what I am supposed to write about for the day..I have lived in nice homes, I have driven nice cars, I have been with the ability to shop when I wanted and to buy within reason what I desired... I have been married and had my child, was blessed to raise my child and see her transform from a wonderful child to an awesome woman, I have had animals that were like my children, some have gone to heaven, one is older now and will make the journey soon, and still have some that will be with me for years yet! I have always had a hot meal on my plate if I desired, have gotten to see places I wanted to see...etc! There are people who have nicer homes, nicer cars, more money to pay more for their likes, who have children and grandchildren, who have never missed a meal or worried about paying their bills and yet....I have happiness and they seem not to!!! CONFUSED!!! I was trying to figure out why there were so many who always seem to be sad, that always talk about the bad and rarely the good, I have neighbors yes right next door, who walk around as if they are attending the funeral of a loved one, for the last year they have walked around that way, the only time we have ever spoken was when their teenage daughter was misbehaving in the yard and the embarrassment was so strong they walked over to apologize! I go to wal-mart, and see the wal-mart zombies, they walk around as if following a well worn track, no emotion upon their faces and act as if they are walking to the gallows! How many times I have given a happy smile and a hearty hello and never once have they broken focus on their destination to respond! I don't know what makes so many so UNHAPPY, but I do know that I will not let the "fever" catch me, I am happy each morning that I open my eyes and get another chance at praising my Heavenly Father, I am happy each morning that I get to have a hot cup of coffee and sit out and enjoy the picture that God has painted for me, I am happy to have a roof over my head and food for nourishment, I am happy to be able to have friends that love and worship Christ and look to heaven as the goal in life. I am happy that my daughter is happy, yes she lives far away and I only see her a few times per year, but she is alive and she is happy...I could not ask for more! I am happy to have freedom, to know that I can speak Heavenly Fathers name out loud, that I can love Jesus Christ and confess it without fear, that the Holy Ghost loves me enough to prompt me in the right direction, to touch my heart when I am getting off track...I am happy for the simplest and smallest of things in my life! A phone call, a sweet card, a hug...Today I pray that you will find little things that make you happy and praise HIM for them, you know if you make the "batter" out of the little things, everything else is just the "frosting". Without the "cake" you don't need the "sweet frosting" so today I challenge you to get back to the basics...look around you and see what ingredients are going to make up your "batter" don't even worry about the "frosting" I love each of you and pray for you daily, if you have specific special prayer requests, if you would like to pray for someone's prayer that is posted I would love to have you join me as a prayer warrior! God loves it when we love others, lets honor HIM today! Blessings be in abundance for you and yours:) I love you all! :) Have a wonderful Friday:)


Psalm 68:3
But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful.

James 5:13
Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise.

Proverbs 15:13
A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit.

Hebrews 13:5
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, Never will I leave you; Never will I forsake you.
Ecclesiastes 3:12
I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please pray for my son Kevin, and all that were involved in a car wreck this morning.
They are in the hospital and I am waiting for more info. Thank you so much! And, God bless~

Dawn said...

I am lifting prayer as I type asking our Father in Heaven to be there with the ones involved in this accident, asking him to lay his healing hands on each one of them and not allow severe injury! God we know with you in the room, with you in their heart that they will come through. Bless the parents as they wait for word, keep them filled with your calm and your peace, provide comfort for all and allow them to feel your breath on their cheek and the beat of your heart! In Jesus' beautiful name amen!