has HE turned his back on you??? I think NOT!!!!

     Hello and happy Saturday, another spectacular morning here in Utah..68 degrees, a titch of a breeze, sun shine, and clear, blue, skies:) This week has been so beautiful. Sitting outside in the mornings has been such a wonderful blessing, I hate being cooped up inside, I love hearing the world awaken, I love seeing the gifts that our Father in Heaven allows us each day! God is GOOOOOOOOOD:)
     In prayer this morning, I prayed for each of you, I prayed for those who have come with special request this week, for those who are suffering pain and sickness, for those suffering depression, love matters, financial difficulties, fear of loss, and for those who have suffered a separation of faith. So many come to me with prayer requests, some saying, "will you pray for me, he seems to listen to you better than me!" some saying, "I just don't even know if I believe any more, it seems every time I turn around something bad lands in my lap!" so many things are said from those who feel that God has turned his back on them. I am honored to pray for those who come to  me, it is a thrill for me to be able to lift those in need in prayer. Facebook alone, affords me change to pray many times for many situations throughout the day! I would say my biggest and most fervent prayer is for those who feel alone, who think God has walked away, for those who are lacking in faith, for those who are carrying so much upon their shoulders and feel that the weight has become to much and are ready to throw in the towel! Funny how we follow such simple life lessons without even thinking of them, if we are caught in a lightening storm, the first thing we do is fastly seek shelter, if we are warned of a hurricane...we make ready for it, if the tornado sirens go off, we rush to a safe place, if we know we have to go out in the rain, we cover ourselves to keep from getting wet. When a ship is out on the seas and darkness is all around they seek the lighthouse to guide them in to safe harbors, and the list goes on and on. No matter how simple, even as buckling up when we drive for our safety, to taking our prescribed meds to keep our bodies and minds healthy. We all know what it is to seek shelter and to be safe...but when it come to God, we think oh well...he has turned his back on me and I am alone...WHAT? Why in the heavens would he have given his son in sacrifice if he were going to give up on us? Why would he give you chance after chance if he were, in the end, going to walk away? Could it be that we have given up on him? Could it be that we are spoiled children and when things do not go the way we wish for them to, we turn away? Could it be that we are impatient, stubborn, childish and spoiled? Yes I think that is the better question for us to ponder! When we get in our minds that God has walked away, that he is not with us, that he is not blessing us, we open a gap between us and him, this gap serves a mighty purpose, but one that I am not willing to open....when there is a gap in our faith there is room and opportunity for satan to step right on in there, to point out to you each moment how your life is not going right, he is there to point out to you all the things that you are missing out on, he is there to urge you into things that you know in your heart are not right, but you do them anyway because he is there pushing you forward! God is not pushy, he is not an instigator, he is GOD, he is the only truth, he has offered us eternal life in the heavens, he is the one that hurts when we hurt, when we make mistakes, when we stumble...but he will not push himself on us, we have to ask him daily to be in your life, we have to go to him, "on bended knees" and affirm each and everyday that he is who we want to follow! He will not come through a closed door, he has to be asked in each and every time! Satan will come in anywhere you leave an opening, he is standing ready and willing to point out to you how miserable your life is, he is the one who cannot wait for you to make a mistake and not repent, he is the one who uses underhanded means to win you over! Allowing satan in your life is like putting a bandage on a gaping wound, following our Father in Heaven is like a wound healing from the inside out, being constantly tended , constantly cleaned and medicated, constantly watched over for infection...you have 2 doctors to choose from, the one who in your mind is the quick fix, who never worries about infection setting in, only worrying about the outer layer and one who cares, one who knows it may take longer for the outside to heal but takes the time because he does not what to risk what could come down the road if the inside does not heal first. Today I pray that you will know in your hearts that God will never walk away from you, you are the one that walks away. That God is the truth, he really is the light that guides the boats in safely, he is the doctor who heals from the inside out, he is the shelter we need to stay safe in the storms! I pray that you know that no matter the wrongs you have done, how far of a gap you have placed between HIM and yourself, that it only takes an apology through prayer to close the gap...no road is to long, no hill is to high, no river to deep to keep him from you if only you ask him to stand by you! God bless you all in your worries, God bless you all in your struggles, God bless you all in your quest for peace, calm and comfort! I love you and am here standing ready to lift you and yours in prayer at any time! 


Psalm 22:4 “Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.”
Psalm 25:1, 2 “Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.”
Psalm 32:10 Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.”
Psalm 37:5 “Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.”
Psalm 56:3 , 4 “What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.”
Psalm 71:5 “For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth.”
Psalm 91:2 “I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.”
Psalm 118:8 “It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.”
Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.”

No comments: